What is your main purpose of the club?
We are advocates for hunting and fishing activities in Washington state and protecting those rights and enhancing and preserving the habitat and wildlife to that end.
What area does membership cover?
Our main region is most of the peninsulas in western Washington composed of Kitsap, Mason, Jefferson, and Pierce Counties. Our legislative actions encompass the entire state.
What kind of fishing is available in our area?
We have abundant lakes stocked with trout, kokanee, bass and perch. Saltwater opportunities are there for salmon, cod, halibut, and sea bass as well as shellfish harvesting. Check out the WDFW link for maps and charts: https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/locations
How can I get involved?
Join BSC and participate in these activities and committees:
- Organize or volunteer for annual Island Lake Fishing Kids Event (June).
- Help with spring cleaning local WDFW lake access sites.
- Assist WDFW with fish counts on opening day in April at local lakes.
- Support/sponsor candidates for Youth Conservation Camp.
- Monitor legislation regarding fishing and hunting in Washington state.
- Research and promote public access to fishing and hunting opportunities.
- Educate the public by good example of wildlife and habitat protection.
- Assist with annual placement and management of duck boxes.
What are some club fun member events?
Each monthly meeting is prefaced by a potluck and social time. We have a seafood picnic in the spring and a summer fish fry.
What hunting opportunities are nearby?
Blacktail Deer, Pheasant (release sites), Waterfowl (Geese and Ducks). Check out WDFW links for maps and charts: https://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/locations
What type of memberships are available and cost
- Junior – 16 years and younger $7.50
- Single – Individual $15.00
- Family – Those living at same resident address who are family (Mom, Dad, under age Children ) $20.00
How to sign up to become a member?
Simply find a Join Us button on the website and register.
What is offered with a membership?
- Invite to join club activities
- Access to the membership only content on website
- Logo Sticker
Is Bremerton Sportsmen’s Club a nonprofit organization?
Yes, we are a 501 (c) (4) nonprofit as categorized by the IRS
When are membership dues paid?
Yearly on January 1st or at the time of signing up and membership fees are paid. Click Join Us & pay with a credit card.
When does Membership start and when does it expire?
- Membership starts at time when joined
- Expires on December 31st of calendar year joined
- Renewal period begins in November of current calendar year and becomes active on January 1st of the next calendar year.
Will I receive a membership card?
Are donations tax deductible?
Contributions to civic leagues or other section 501(c)(4) organizations generally are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. They may be deductible as trade or business expenses, if ordinary and necessary in the conduct of the taxpayer’s business.